Metal Roofing in Atlanta, GA
Most homeowners give little thought to their roof until there is a leak, mold damage, dips in the roof or missing shingles. Believe it or not, these are all signs that a roof may need replacing. Depending on how long you own your home and your existing roofing material, you are likely to encounter one or more of these issues over time. If that time is now, consider a metal roof by Fowler Exteriors for an aesthetically pleasing, durable and maintenance-free roof to last you the lifetime of your home. With over 20 years of customer service in Atlanta and the surrounding areas, our team of experts will install your new metal roof to your exact standards for the ultimate in customer satisfaction. Read what our clients have to say about our services, including metal roof installation, repair and replacement.
Metal Roofing Company for Atlanta Homes
Metal roofs continue to gain in popularity among homeowners in Atlanta and the surrounding areas as they realize the many benefits associated with a metal roof installation. With so many colors, styles and options to choose from, they look great on every home. Fowler Exteriors has different types of roofing systems to select from, including:
- Metal shingles – Lightweight, easy to install and available in the same range of colors as traditional asphalt shingles, this type of metal roofing is popular among homeowners who want to keep the look and feel of asphalt, wooden shakes or slate, but with all the benefits of metal.
- Ribbed panel/corrugated metal – As the No. 1 choice in metal roofing among Atlanta homeowners, ribbed panel roofing is comparable in price to standard asphalt shingles, comes in several colors and has a lifespan between 40 and 50 years.
- Standing seam – This type of metal roofing is versatile enough to be used on traditional or modern dwellings, is watertight and one of the easiest types to maintain.
- Stone coated steel – The added durability and protection that comes with stone coated metal roofing helps to elevate the resale value of your home, while the look mimics slate or tile for an elegant finish.
Metal roofs are highly sought-after for a reason as they provide high-quality protection for your roof and home. In addition to a number of metal roofing systems/styles to choose from, Fowler Exteriors also offers several options for metal roofing materials, including:
- Copper – This kind of roofing has a captivating three-dimensional curb appeal that makes your roof stand out. Copper roofing is a great way to increase the aesthetic value of your home, while still retaining the primary characteristics of metal roofs.
- Zinc – Compared to other metal roofing materials, zinc is a highly malleable material. If you’re keen on recyclable materials that won’t harm the environment, then zinc is a good choice. Moreover, you’ll be able to save on electrical bills knowing that you won’t have to use heaters or air conditioning units since this material can help retain internal temperatures.
- Aluminum – This material is highly favored by contractors since it is lightweight, easy to install and highly resistant to the effects of erosion and corrosion that can easily affect naturally-cut slate roofs and other roofing. The high levels of resistance from flowing water make this a good choice for homes located in coastal areas.
- Stainless steel – For centuries, steel has been known as one of the most durable building materials in the roofing industry. If your home is situated in areas on the path of strong winds and hailstorms, then stainless steel roofing can easily withstand winds of up to 135 mph. It is also resistant to high energy impacts. However, compared to other lightweight materials, steel roofing can be heavier and put stress on your roof’s support. It is recommended that you install additional joists to reinforce your roof’s support.
The Benefits of Metal Roofing
The experts at Fowler Exteriors are premier metal roofers in Atlanta and the surrounding areas due to the incredible selection of metal roofing materials offered as well as their stellar reputation among the community. Metal roofs provide a number of significant benefits when compared to more traditional roofing materials such as asphalt or slate, including:
- Longevity – With expert installation and maintenance by Fowler Exteriors, your metal roof can last two to three times as long as an asphalt shingle roof — typically between 40 and 70 years!
- Durability – Harsh weather is no match for a metal roof, which can easily withstand hail, heavy rain, wind and snow. Lighter colors help to reflect the sun, reducing heat gain and helping to save on energy costs.
- Flexibility – No other roofing material offers as many color, style and finish options as metal.
- Sustainability – Metal roofing is 100% recyclable and contains between 25%–90% recycled materials.
Metal Roofing Contractors in Atlanta, GA
Are you ready to learn more about the benefits of a metal roof? From the very start, our team will assist you in your roofing choice, providing you with everything you need to know to ensure that you make the best possible decision regarding your home. Give us a call at 770-377-8009 or contact us online.